Today I had a client suggest I put up recipes. So, I decided to put up what I made for dinner tonight for my family.
Broccoli salad and smoked maple hickory chicken. This dinner took me literally 20 minutes to make.
I bought the frozen chicken tenderloins and defrosted in the bag with cold water sitting in the sink.
While the chicken was defrosting I steamed the broccoli I bought from the Farmers Market. I like to buy our veggies from the Farmers Market because it is fresh. If your going to force your children to eat veggies, you should darn well make sure they are still loaded with vitamins, right? Never steam the broccoli all the way. You don't want to release the vitamins up in steam. After steaming I add Greek yogurt, crunchy salad topping that contains sunflower seeds, bacon bits, etc..., seasoning to taste, and a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice. If you have purple onion, add it. My family LOVES this side dish.
I put the chicken in a bowl with some olive oil and Smokehouse Maple flavor seasoning. The brand I use is the McCormick brand. I then put it into a casserole dish lined with olive oil, and bake at 375 degrees.
Often for dessert I will take frozen wild berries I have bought from Costco. Toss in Greek yogurt, a couple tablespoons of lemon juice and agave. Put into parfait bowls! Yummy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment