I am so excited to announce that En-Core got a new weapon or tool for training. I often in the past have used spin bikes during my HIIT workouts. High Intensity Interval Training is a wonderful style of training I use to keep my clients from plateau and for increasing lung endurance. Spinning at a high intensity takes a client into what is called an anaerobic threshold. This is where you are not able to adequately fill your lungs with oxygen during your workout. You are at 90 to 100% your cardiac output, which puts you into an anaerobic threshold. When this happens, your kidneys have no choice but to start the process of creating more red blood cells. More blood cells makes more oxygen/VO2 max. Giving an athlete increased endurance. Recovery is equally important. To gain lung endurance and better cardiovascular endurance, you must always recover the heart. Bring your heart rate down to its target heart rate before you raise it again. Interval training is best for this. Your heart is a muscle too.
I use anaerobic training/HIIT to naturally blood dope my runners. Six weeks before a race I put them into an anaerobic workout; sprint sets, spinning, swimming, hiking, and running in higher elevations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment